Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Saturday 3 April 2021

Eco printed apron

 Last summer I did a course with the Wild Dyery online.  For the Leaf  Print Cloth course I made an apron out of all the eco printed samples I made.  They are mostly on silk noil.  I've printed plants from my garden and area such as rose leaves, buckthorn leaves, strawberry leaves, maple leaves, iris petals and a Bachelor's Button flower.  The pink is from natural madder dye.   The browny pink is from avocado pits.   Here's a photo of the apron spread out so you can see all the fabrics.  Click on it to see the details.  I added embroidery on some areas.



Here's a photo of the finished apron.  I'm quite pleased how it turned out:)  This was part of my last assignment of the course.  Thanks for having a look!  Please leave a comment below.




No comments: