Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Wednesday 15 June 2016

More collages

I really like to make collages.  I take the little scraps of material I have and put them on a background.  Usually a background fabric that I don't like that much so I can find a use for it.  Then I put a piece of sheer material on top and sew the layers together with decorative stitching.

For this first piece I didn't put any batting behind it and I also used pieces of silver paper saved from a chocolate bar.  I free motion stitched the layers together.


For the piece below I did put batting behind it and I used the decorative stitches on my machine to stitch the layers together.  I also experimented with putting different coloured sheers on top in different areas.  This one is large enough to cover a small journal or make a small wall hanging.


No comments: