Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Friday 10 December 2021

Botanical printing playdate

Yesterday I did some eco printing with Janet Tulloch at my house.  We had such fun learning from each other!  Janet works more with felted wool and I work with cotton and silk.  I also showed her how to use the heat press on paper and a little on fabric.  We used leaves we had frozen last month.  We used a logwood blanket on cotton fabric and with the eco printing on watercolour paper.

 A photo of me rolling my fabric onto the bundle rod:


 

 Here is my layout on a beautiful sample of felted wool that Janet gave me.


 Here are our leaves laid out on cotton fabric strips which were premordanted:


 Janet's paper prints from the heat press using logwood as a colour blanket and avocado:


 I'll post some of the results of yesterday's eco printing session soon!

No comments: