Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Friday 16 August 2019

At the cottage

So I spent a few weeks at the family cottage this summer and did quite a bit of artwork. In this post I'll show you my sun printing and stamping.  I decided to make smaller pieces of fabric this year instead of fat quarters I cut them in half and made fat eighths.  I will be selling some of these at Fibre Fling in April 2020.


Here I am painting fabric on the picnic table at the cottage.  I had to bend over quite a bit which I don't recommend.  It's better to work on a higher surface so you don't have to bend so much.  I had a sore back later.


Above you can see some of my fabrics in the sun printing.  I liked working with the smaller pieces of fabric.  That way I can have two pieces on one board.


Here are some sun printed and stamped fabrics afterwards.  I like sponging on the colours sometimes like in the top left fabric.
And here are some hanging on the washline after I removed the plants and salt.

No comments: