Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Thursday 28 September 2017

Gunnel Hag workshop

A few weekends ago I went to a wonderful workshop with Gunnel Hag.  She taught us her surface design techniques using her own line of fabric pigments, Colour Vie.  I especially enjoyed the flour paste resist and wax resist techniques.  Here is a photo of some of our pieces hanging up to dry.  The colours were vibrant.


Here Gunnel painted over a waxed surface.  The wax was rubbed on like a crayon in this case with a textured surface underneath.


Below is a photo of the flour paste piece I did in the class.  We applied flour paste to a piece of fabric and let it dry in the sun.  We crinkled it up.  We painted over the dried crinkled flour paste, let it dry again and then painted in another colour.  We repeated a few times and rinsed out the flour paste.


Here's another piece I made in the class below.  In this one I painted with a textured surface underneath and then stamped on top with my own rectangular stamp.



Here I used her colours to stamp on a white t-shirt.  I printed with wooden print blocks hand carved in India.


Thanks for having a look!

No comments: