Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Thursday 27 March 2014

Submissions to Fibre Fling

I've sent in all my submissions to Fibre Fling  http://www.out-of-the-box.org/news.html   It's next weekend April 4th and 5th.   I'm putting in 25 of my scarves, some bookmarks, business card holders and five wall hangings. 

Two of the wall hangings are for the colour challenge Out-of-the-Box is doing.  They will go on tour in Canada with other wall hangings made by the group, organized into sections by colour.  Mine are for the turquoise section.   They have to measure 12" X 12" and have at least 20% of the chosen colour in them.   For this first one called Under a Lazy Palm I appliqued it and did a lot of machine embroidery for the leaves.



Here is the second one just called Lazy Palm:






I guess you can see the theme here.  I really love the colours of sky and water so I thought I would use turquoise for those.  These were inspired by photos taken on holiday in Cuba.  This one is also appliqued, machine embroidered and quilted.

No comments: