Sunprints

Sunprints
Sunprints I made in the summer at the family cottage

Thursday 29 November 2018

Piece for Stittsville Library show

I'm organizing the Stittsville library show again this year for Out-of-the-Box.  Our group has a display at the library every year for a month.  We're hanging it up on December 1st.  The show will be there until December 31st.  I've finished my own piece for the show.  The theme was "Favourite Quote".   My quote is "If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere"  by Vincent Van Gogh.  Here's a photo of my finished piece.  It measures 20-1/4 inches by 22 1/2 inches.  The eco print in the centre is one I made in the summer (see two posts ago).  I took a piece of rusted white cotton and eco printed it with sumac branches.  You can see I included wild grapes in the print.  The gold fabric in the borders is cotton that I dyed with onion skins.  Photos of the show hanging up to follow!



No comments: